This self-paced training curriculum includes all required standards outlined in subpart D of the Produce Safety Rule including visual representations of personal health and hygiene; as well as, content to confidently train farm and packinghouse workers in order to increase their workers’ knowledge, and understanding of science-based health and hygiene practices.
The course will cover:
- An overview of the Produce Safety Rule
- The importance of food safety
- Worker health - knowing the symptoms and reporting
- Worker hygiene - Break areas, proper attire, hand washing, contact with animals, toilet facilities
- Soil Amendment use and handling
- Post-harvest handling and sanitation
Basic registration instructions can be found here (use the back button on your browser to return to this page).
Virginia Cooperative Extension utilizes Canvas to offer this online program. After registering for this program, you will receive a registration confirmation email with detailed instructions for accessing the Canvas platform. If you don't see a confirmation email, be sure to check your spam or junk folder. You can also access the Canvas instructions here (use the back button on your browser to return to this page).
If you have any questions about this program, please contact Stuart Vermaak, Assoc. Extension Agent, Loudoun County VCE, at email@example.com
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Produce Safety Worker Training : CE-N-LOUDOUN-FS