This ServSafe® Manager Certification Training Course was developed by the Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association. The ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification is recognized by the Virginia Department of Health as meeting the requirements to be a Certified Food Protection Manager.
VCE offers the program locally to food service workers at restaurants, hospitals, schools, and child care centers. Participants receive instruction about food safety concepts such as sanitation, food storage, safety regulations, pest management, and safe food handling practices.
The Virginia Food Regulations require that each food establishment employ at least one Certified Food Protection Manager who has supervisory and management responsibilities.
Available discounts at checkout
|Discount Type||Included in Fee||Amount|
|Agency Group Enrollment (Full Course)||Register a group of 10 or more within the same organization in the same class. Fee includes full class enrollment.
Note: Agency Group Discount will not appear until 10 members are added
|Materials Only (no instruction)||Fee includes textbook, exam and certification||
|Class Only (no textbook)||Fee includes proctor, exam and certification||$110|
|Proctored Exam Only (no instruction or textbook)||Fee includes proctor, exam and certification||$85|
|Failed Exam Retake Only (no instruction or textbook)||Fee includes exam and certification for those that have taken a VCE ServSafe® Manager class but failed the exam||
Course Materials Information
- The textbook is available in English, Chinese, Korean, and Spanish. The exam is available in Chinese, English, French Canadian, Japanese, Korean, Large Print, and Spanish. Please select your language preferences during checkout.
- The class is taught in English and all class handouts are in English, unless specified otherwise.
- It is highly suggested that you make arrangements to obtain your book prior to class to enable you to review the material and increase the likelihood of success on the exam. If you do not receive your book prior to class, it will be brought to the class for you.
Lee County Extension Office
All payments are final and no refunds will be issued. However, a substitute can take the place of the person registered at no additional fee or the participant's class enrollment may be deferred once to another Virginia Cooperative Extension ServSafe Manager course.
- At the discretion of the agent instructor, a class may require cancellation or rescheduled.
- Participants may opt to defer their enrollment to the rescheduled class or request a full refund.