Free Diabetes Control Program
PSR, Cooperative Extension, and Centra are Partnering to improve the health of people with diabetes
Piedmont Senior Resources, Cooperative Extension, and Centra Health are teaming up to sponsor a free Balanced Living with Diabetes program. The five-session program will benefit adults with diabetes and their caregivers. Program costs for qualifying seniors who are 60 and older will be paid by Piedmont Senior Resources. For more information and to enroll, contact Jordan Miles or Nikki Dean at 434-767-5588.
When Do Classes Start?
- Classes begin Wednesday, September 19 at 10:30 am
- Registrants must be enrolled by a PSR staff member.
- learn how your lifestyle impacts your diabetes
- manage your diet using a simple plate method
- set and track activity goals using a step counter
- get hands on experience preparing and tasting delicious recipes
Registration fee for attendees 60 years and older is paid for by PSR. Those under 60 years of age are welcome to register for the class, and are responsible for the registration fee.