This program is a series of four classes that will introduce you to the lifestyle, history and culture of the Mediterranean region. Each class has a food focus, Experience olive oil and cheese tasting sessions and learn how to prepare dishes of the Mediterranean, while learning how to plan meals using the health-giving basics of the Mediterranean lifestyle. Learn how local foods and flavors can be part of a healthy eating plan and hear from local producers.
This program will:
- Involve participants in designing and putting the Mediterranean lifestyle into practice in their own lives.
- Teach participants great tasting ways to prepare foods of the region.
- Bring participants food focus segments highlighting Mediterranean food ingredients.
- Engage participants in preparing simple, delicious recipes.
- Show participants how to stock their pantries and refrigerators.
- Illustrate how participants can fuel their lives for better health!
- Help participants design their own healthy lifestyles.
Classes Meet: 6:00pm - 7:30pm at Mountainrose Vineyards
- October 3: Introduction to the Mediterranean Lifestyle
- October 10: Supporting Healthy Eating and Lifestyle
- October 17: Applications and Meal Planning
- October 24: Protein and Seasonings
Participants will learn:
- How to cook and prepare food that fits the Mediterranean lifestyle
- How different Mediterranean foods taste (olive oil, cheeses, vegetables and seasonings)
- Useful cooking tips
- The latest information from local food growers and producers about new tasty green and vegetable preparations, health research, and local cheeses
Registration Deadline: September 30, 2019
Cost: $16 per class, or $60 for all 4 classes*.
Payment Methods: Credit cards, cash and checks accepted**.
Make checks payable to: Virginia Cooperative Extension Wise County.
Questions: For questions about registration, please send an email to VCE Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about this course offering, please contact Emily Wells, Wise County Extension Agent for Family and Consumer Sciences at email@example.com, or call the Wise County Extension Office at 276-328-6194.
* To receive the discount, you must register for all 4 classes in 1 registration. To apply the discount, please add each class to your cart (one at a time), and then proceed to the checkout screen. At checkout, be sure to apply the discount to each of the 4 classes.
**Your registration is not complete until payment has been received. Refunds are not available with this program.